We are proud to offer a full professional valuation service for all purposes, probate, insurance family division or just pure curiosity!!
Verbal valuations are FREE if you bring items to us at either our Maidstone or Sheerness salerooms by appointment where a member of staff will be happy to evaluate your possessions. Or for larger items please just call and book and appointment so we can come to you.
Probate and Insurance Valuations. One of our friendly, experienced and sympathetic members of staff can come to you. Evening and weekend appointments available. So we can help you as much as possible at this often very difficult time. There is a small charge made for written valuations, starting from just £35 + VAT.
We have a number of services that we can offer to suit all needs. From collecting a single item to a full house clearance. We will transport all saleable goods to our secure stores where your goods will remain FREE of charge until they are offered for sale. As licensed waste carriers we can dispose of rubbish and un-saleable goods, always recycling where possible. We run a small fleet of sign written vans and our friendly uniformed staff are very experienced in dealing with any quantity of goods no matter how large or small.
Our fees for full written valuations and house clearances are quoted on an individual basis, a member of staff on our FREE initial visit will quote for our services designed around your needs.
1. GENERAL. Frederick Andrews Ltd (the firm) offers for sale the property described upon the terms and conditions herein. The firm reserves the right to vary the terms at its discretion. Such terms shall form part of the terms and conditions of the sale. The terms are to be considered as complete and exclusive.
2. BIDDING. By bidding at auction whether as principle, agent, in writing, telephone, commission or any other means the bidder agrees to be bound by these conditions of sale. The highest bidder shall be the purchaser. In the event of any dispute arising between two or more bidders, the auctioneer shall have sole discretion in determining the purchaser or re-offering the lot for sale if deemed appropriate, The auctioneer has the right to refuse any bid, to withdraw any lot, to group together lots and to bid on behalf of the Vendor.
3. PURCHASER. The purchaser shall give to the firm upon request his name and address and proof of such and a deposit of up to 25% of the total purchase price. In default the lots may be immediately re-offered for sale. The purchaser shall pay to the firm a premium of 15% on the hammer price plus VAT at the current rate. All lots are offered for sale subject to any reserve imposed by the vendor. Should the vendor bid on their own lots or bid above any reserve they will be deemed the purchaser of that lot or lots and incur all fees and charges.
4. REMOVAL. Title to the offered lot shall pass to the buyer upon fall of the auctioneers hammer. No lot maybe removed from the premises of the firm until paid for in full. All lots must be removed from the premises at the buyers expense no later than the close of business on the day of the sale. In the event of any lot not being removed a charge of £1 per lot per day including VAT will be charged.
5. DESCRIPTION OF LOTS. Lots are sold with all faults and defects whether latent or otherwise and the firm are not responsible for the authenticity, provenance, age, attribution, date, quality or condition of any lot. Any statements in the catalogue are statements of opinion and are not to be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
6. PAYMENTS. The firm reserves the right to refuse payment by cheque. Cheques and Debit card transactions under £30 carry a £1 surcharge. Credit card transactions carry a 3% surcharge on all invoices.
7. VENDORS. A commission of 20% including VAT and insurance will be deducted from the invoice total on all sold lots. Any lots accepted by the firm for auction will be entered into only one sale unless by prior arrangement in writing. No monies will be paid until all unsold lots have been removed from the sale room. If items remain uncollected at the end of the sale a disposal charge will be made at £10.00 per item for furniture lots and £2.00 per lot for bric-a-brac at our Maidstone sale room, the same fees apply to our Sheerness saleroom but these will be charged from close of business on the Wednesday immediately after the sale.
8. RESERVES. Any lots entered with reserved prices are subject to a 10% auctioneers discretion. If items are unsold in the first sale and are not collected by the vendor they will be offered in the next sale at the same venue with NO reserve. Unless a prior arrangement is made in writing.
9. LIABILITY. All breakages are to be paid at auctioneers valuation + buyers premium. Acting as agents the firm shall not be considered liable for any default on the part of the purchaser of vendor. The firm may bid on the behalf of a potential purchaser, but no liability will be accepted for failure to execute any instructions or any errors that may occur. No employee has any liability arising from the aforementioned items and the firms liability shall be limited to the hammer price of any lot in dispute.
10. P.A.T TESTING. All electrical items entered will be subject to an electrical PAT test, which includes a visual check for current legislation, followed by a test with a calibrated terminal, any items failing the test will immediately have the plug and lead removed, this test is for electrical safety not necessarily for working order, it is then at the discretion of the firm whether it is taken for sale or returned to the vendor. The fee for a PAT test is £1.00 per electrical item and is payable whether the item passes or fails the PAT test.
11. TRANSFERS. It is the liability of the winning bidder to pay for and remove any lots in conjunction with these terms and conditions, even if the winning bidder is acting on behalf of a third party.
Monday 1st September 2014 at our SheernessSaleroom 10am